maandag 22 augustus 2011

13 going on 30

I made it this far

thirteen
going
on
thirty
or is it
the other way around

I can't believe I wasted a whole year
on getting wasted
but what's my waste
to the wasted hours spent by a desk clerk

I hope next year I will be a better human
I hope that I won't be as self involved and considerably conceited

It would be nice to have real conversations
and meet people
real ones
hear their words
and their thoughts
and show them
I don't need attention
as much as they do
anymore

so pay attention to this when i say
I want to be able to listen
to hear them preach
to metal machines
building crap in the ground
to the horns of cars
to the cats next door
to beautiful records
and distorted sounds
to my stomach that growls
the knocking on the door
to the bats and owls 
woman's heels clicking on the floor
to the wolf that howls
the cracking of mirrors
and laughing of landlords

I hope I won't be saying the same thing
as I did last year